7 Best implementation tips for smooth transition to New LMS
Learning Management System for any organization can help in upgradation of employees. If you are planning to implement a new Learning Management System in your organization, you should also ensure that the online training is done smoothly within the organization. You should know the best way to use the Learning Management System for achieving the desired output for your organization. For any organization, LMS platform is an important investment to ensure efficiency. It is also better to check that all your employees should access training content available online on LMS platform.
Let us understand the 7 best implementation tips for smooth transition to New LMS
- Accessing LMS Platform: Location of the employee is a very important factor to be considered in your new Learning Management System.
- Global Access: If your company is situated at many places across the globe, you need to be sure that you need the training content in multiple languages. This will help in flexibility for people to access the online platform from any country.
- Remote Access: If you allow employees to access the online training remotely, it gives wide exposure to them to learn at any point of time. Your employees can learn from home during non-official hours.
- Mobile Access: If you have a Learning Management System that can be accessed through a mobile phone, the participation can increase from your employees. You should check if your LMS portal can be used through mobile phones / tablets and is also compatible to multiple browsers. This will help your employees to login and learn while on the move or commute between home and office as well.
- Internet Access: You should check if the learning management system can work in low internet speed and video should also run without any buffering issue. There are various learning management systems that allow the users to access the content without internet as well.
- Automation: Automation in any technology platform may help in many ways. This will help in storing, configuring and accessing the data from your system in the long run. The automation process takes care of many aspects of the online learning platform including report creation, filtering the results, sorting the results, user wise report, activity wise report, etc. You can easily set various reminders in the system. On the basis of various internal and external factors, it becomes easy to create various groups of profiles. Your user group i.e. employees can be easily grouped as per the department, position, hierarchy, branch, etc. For an organization with multiple branches, it can be first created on the basis of branch and then sub-categorized on the basis of other factors. In many organizations learning and development is mandatory and so, the online training platform is essential in order to give flexibility to employees to learn. Automation of creating an account on the online training platform while the new joinee on boarding process and then sending them periodic email notifications or reminders is the best way to increase the traction and effectiveness. One can easily set filters and create multiple reminders on the basis of department, topic, employee titles, etc.
- Content Management: Learning Management System is all about content. If you wish to launch your online learning platform, you will have to ensure that the best content is available as per your target audience. You should create the content as per your audience preference. You should also ensure that your online curriculum and training program are in sync with the expected output. You should ensure that the content for online training platform is well curated and created to be interactive. You can also have different types of content uploaded on the online platform to ensure that the online learner does not get bored with similar content type.
- Support FAQ: It is a very essential element for any Learning Management System. You will need the help of support staff in order to fix any issue or in case you need any clarification. There should be a list of questions and answers to be uploaded under the FAQ section so that the other format of support is not burdened by the customers. IT team is less burdened if the FAQ section is properly updated. You need to create an online format and downloadable format of such FAQ section on the portal under the dashboard. It is still essential to have the IT support system to resolve more complex issues.
- User Testing: Learning Management System implementation process is very difficult and in case you are looking to launch the online training course, you should ensure proper user testing of the LMS portal. You should also create a group of users to test the LMS system on the basis of user roles and experience. User testing is successful if all of your users can point out all the issues in the LMS portal while checking all the features on the online training platform. Before you launch the portal, ensure that all the issues are resolved.
- Marketing: In corporate, if you do not have a proper trainer, your Learning Management System will surely fail. You should focus on the marketing plan for generating interest among the people. Your complete marketing efforts should be around the target audience and the benefits. There are various marketing documents like emailers, landing pages, fliers, brochures, etc. You can create multiple campaigns and plan some giftification for each plan. You can also create an online poll to get ideas from users. Whatever prize you plan, it should be encouraging enough so that the maximum participation can be seen.
- Effectiveness: Once you launch your Learning Management System, do not forget to measure the effectiveness. It is essential to measure effectiveness of any system. There are various factors that need to be considered while measuring the effectiveness. You manage everything of the portal including the training compliance that shows learner engagement. You can also check effectiveness by requesting reviews of the users. Once you take the online survey, check out for the negative reviews and try to resolve that as soon as possible. These reviews can help you improvise the effectiveness of the portal.
Buying and installing the new learning management system portal is just the beginning of everything. You should know your target audience and create the content accordingly so that the audiences are engaged to use the learning management system. In order to ensure the smooth transition of the new Learning Management System in your organization, you should facilitate learning and development team with everything that is required.
If you need to know more about the perfect learning management system for your organization and need to know everything in detail, read all our blogs.